Job Title : Electrical Engineer
Supervisor Title : Chief Electrical Engineer
Location : Manufacturing Firm in Far North Suburb
Job Description :
An electrical engineer is responsible for the design and development of electrical power/control systems for a wide range of industrial ovens and furnaces. The responsibility includes developing electrical diagrams, bill of materials (BOM), cabinet layout drawings, and technical manuals; and providing technical guidance/supports to manufacturing floor and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing electrical power and control system including BOM per National Electric Code and UL standard
- Creating and issuing BOM to purchasing department to procure all required parts in a timely manner
- Developing retrofit package per customer’s request
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by supporting installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, or testing activities.
- Developing oven operation instruction and configuration records for instruments
- Providing technical supports and documents to manufacturing floor
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-7 years of experience in a related field
- Technical proficiency in ACAD Electrical, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat software
- Experience in using or a desire to learn a wide range of control/instrument software and communication protocols
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documentation relating to products and applicable standards
- Ability to utilize available resources to optimize outputs
- Organizational Skills
- Design electrical power and control system
- Proficient in ACAD Electrical, Promise-E and Microsoft Office software desired.
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge of electrical design and control system via self-study and hands-on testing
- Learn and apply a wide range of control software